View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #30
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreekiTiki View Post
The thing is that Cougars are a predatory animal species, and the implication is that young men are the prey. One thing I have noticed on this thread is that most of the women are assuming that "cougars" are looking to date younger men. As a man, the term means that the women are just looking for sex without a commitment as are the "prey". These are often women, over 40, who have lives that they do not want to share with younger men, 10+ years younger. The guys like it for the sex with no strings attached. This is not really dating, most of these women do not want to share their lives with their prey.
Interesting how women in the popular media like Demi Moore and Tina Turner who are both married to much younger men are often referred to as 'cougars.' According to how I've often seen and heard the term used, it doesn't just refer to women who are looking for casual sex with younger men. It seems to be blanket term for any older woman with a younger man. I've even heard it used to refer to women in their 40s who may or may not be dating younger men. Simply the fact that we're 40, and thusly considered "older" by the popular media, means that we're 'cougars'? Yeah, right.

And who's to say that casual sex isn't considered 'dating' by many people? Almost every guy I've met online and dated has assumed that 'dating' includes casual sex. So why harsh on the women who choose to engage in casual sex? Why refer to the men they spend their time with as 'prey,' and the women as 'cougars'? It's demeaning to women and however we choose to live our lives.