View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #35
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Save View Post
I think the 'rules' are a little different for the ladies than for the guys; the ladies tend to get either neutral or positive attention for their activities, while men are doing well not to be publicly called dirty old men as freekitiki metioned. Maybe it's from whom the negative attention is from? Do the guys like it because it improves the odds of nsa recreation, and the ladies think it's reprehensible that other ladies 'who should know better' are doing what's right for them?

At 40, I have nothing to gain or lose from the cougar scenario, so I honestly feel no personal reason anyone should object or have issue with it. If a younger guy is what makes a lady happy, by all means pursue it; I wish the ladies the best of luck in finding happiness, whether it's temporary or long term.

I don't find cougar positive at all, and not neutral too often. I actually think of it as a pathetic older woman who's basically bedding young men, paying for their baubles, and essentially using and being used... I hear younger guys I work with talk about the "cougar" bars where they go to get free drinks and basically just laugh at the old ladies, maybe get wrecked and hook up with them for a good story. It's all just gross (the attitudes, not old/young having sex.)

And keep in mind, this is coming from someone who has dated and will continue (probably, assuming I ever go on a date again) to date men who are likely to be at least somewhat younger than me. But I am not the "idea" of the woman I described above, so I guess that's why I don't consider myself a cougar and hate (other than jokes) being associated.