View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #67
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proner View Post
Soo... I translate the recipe the best I could, I learned that recipe from my father's cousin who live in Tahiti and did this meal without a "written" recipe so this is from what I saw haha.

Chao Men

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts
4 pork chops
Chinese noodles (around 12oz)
1/2 cabbage
1/2 can of cultivated mushrooms (could replace with Shiitake and Black trumpets if you prefer)
1/2 can of bamboo shoot
4 eggs
2 shallots
2 garlic cloves
Soy sauce, salt
Chives

Cut chicken and pork into thin strips.

Slice thinly the cabbage, mushrooms, shallots and bamboo's shoot.

Blanch the cabbage and reserve it. Then cook it on a wok with some soy sauce until he colored.

Sear the pork with garlic, salt pepper add soy sauce (10/15 minutes).

Same thing for chicken with shallot.

Colored the mushrooms with the bamboo shoots. Then put the cabbage, pork with garlic, chicken with shallots and mushroom in a big pan add some water and cook for ten minutes.

Boil the chinese noodles to separate them, drain them and sear with soy sauce to make them crunchy.

Beat your eggs in omelette (add some soy sauce before doing it) and then cook it in frying pan.

Set up in a plate starting with the noodles then the mix of chicken, pork, cabbage, the omelette and finally some slashed chives.

And if I didn't make mistakes in the recipe's translation you get this as result!
Thanks for supplying the recipe, Proner. That looks so good!