View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #44
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bumping this since I've been on the low carb prowl again.

Low carb "deep" dish pizza crust. This was super yummy!

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon oregano or 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth.
Add the Parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened.
Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9"x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below).
Bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark; let cool completely on a wire rack.
When nearly cooled, take a spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan.
Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen.
Keep crust in the pan; this makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later.
Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time (this dries out the crust and makes it crisper).
I topped mine with pizza sauce, canadian bacon, sausage and pepperoini...plus my side with olives and mushrooms. Topped the whole thing with cheese and baked at 375 for 20 minutes. I would suggest cooking this in the morning and letting it sit in the fridge all day.

This was very yummy the next day..even cold!

I have 2 of these planned this weekend..maybe even a third. I'm going to do a breakfast one for my daily breakfast of course and then 2 for the hubs and I. One will give you 8 slices. I want to be able to take this to work the next day. It heats up beautifully.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote