View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #69
ThinkingFA

ThinkingFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesThinkingFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Another perspective

My wife as much as took the fat pill. Through Weight Watchers and countless hours at the gym she's lost 145 lbs in 18 months. The doctor flagged some small health issues that she decided to handle before they became big ones. I'm happy for her and proud of her from this perspective. If only she could have such focus on our debt problem.

Problem is I hate everything about this. The way she looks has a lot to do with it. More significantly, she's becoming the calorie obsessed, exercise obsessed woman I tried to avoid as a younger man. She's a part of some social cliques she used to criticize because they snubbed her for her former size. She loves the phoney drama of the Biggest Loser that she used to hate. She used to accept that a fat person could accept and love his or her fat. Now she rejects that idea, along with my liking of it.

I challenge the idea that a skinny pill wouldn't change a person. I'm just waiting for the day when she starts thinking of fat as a character flaw.
ThinkingFA is offline   Reply With Quote