View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #49
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Please tell us a little about yourself.
Iím 44 and live in Minnesota. I have a nephew who I adore. Iím pretty casual and like too many things to list, but near the top would be Birkenstocks, blueberries, my down comforter, romantic comedies, twilight (not the book), really intelligent men (itís just very sexy) and Spring.

Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?

Oh, yes. Definitely. There is so much pleasure in food, and I come from a family that includes a few amateur and professions foodies. My great grandmother managed the kitchen at a local yacht club decades ago, and my mom did preliminary judging for the Pillsbury bake-off when I was young. Seeing Julie & Julia brought back so many memories of my childhood, including family dinners where someone would eventually get around to talking about the latest episode of one of her cooking shows and which words had been mispronounced.

Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club? Seafood and chocolate are two of my biggest weaknesses. I also love garlic. The aroma of garlic sautťing in butter is almost better than the flavor. Almost. I donít know if I could ever give up eating lamb once in a while, and the scent of brownies, just out of the oven, still makes me nearly moan every time.

What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?

I secretly love food I can eat with my fingers. Iím kind of a purist in that way. I also remember some of my Ďfood firstsí like my first bite of Belgian chocolate when I was 8 or 9.

Do you like to cook?
I like to eat more than I like to cook, I think. I didnít really begin cooking much until I was in my late 20s, for various reasons. I do enjoy it when I feel inspired or have enough time so that the process is creative and relaxed. But letís be honest, there is no such thing as a 20-minute meal unless itís an omelet and a salad. I favor easy food prep. like roasting a chicken or saffron rice and garlic shrimp. My cooking is often a little experimental, and I tend to change recipes to make them more my own. I think of it more like playing with my food than cooking.

Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?
I make great potato salad and spanakopita. I do baklava for my family at Christmas, and have discovered a few tricks to making really good chicken gravy.

Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)
I think itís unfair to ask me to choose between the two.