View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #48
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
Just posted this in response to what's going down in the Everyday Food Pics thread, but it belongs here moreso:

Believe it or not, you can use cauliflower to make a really good rice substitute...use a blender on some raw (fresh) cauliflower until it gets into rice sized bits. Then put in a dish with a little water, cover and microwave for a couple of minutes. Took me a bit of practice to get it the right texture but it works really well with curry, chilli etc - I served it to my family with some curry dolloped over it and most of them didnt even notice they werent eating white rice. Crazy, but true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
You should check out Shirataki or konnyaku noodles! No carbs, extremely low cal and they are a decent pasta/noodle substitute. They should be available at health food stores or Japanese stores.

I also recommend the HungryGirl website. They are not a low-carb website, but they do offer good meal swaps and ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Thanks to everyone that's posted so far...I'm going to try the cauliflower tip and I found a recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Just one word here. BACON

Bacon is no-carb.

I'm a diabetic too, and symphasize with you, hun.

Jes' sayin'. . .

I found out this week that I am pre-diabetic and had to meet with a dietitian on Friday.
I'm a bit confused now about the low-carbing because she warned me to also limit animal fats- because those can give me insulin spikes, too.
Is it different as someone that is pre-diabetic than someone on insulin? (I have started taking metformin). I realize this isn't the health board but thought someone might have some input?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote