View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #55
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I am also pre-diabetic, but I don't need insulin. You still need to limit the amount of carbs you eat so you don't have spikes. If I eat too many carbs I feel icky. It was rather difficult to figure out what to eat at first, but after a while I got used to it. The nutritionist told me to stick to 45gm of carbs per meal. It works out to about 1/2 cup of cooked potatoes, rice, oatmeal. And two tblsp of cashew butter, jam, or something like that. Things like milk and cheese also have carbs. You just have to read the labels to estimate the amount you can eat. So for breakfast, for example, half a bagel with 2 tblsp of cream cheese is about 30 carbs. A 6oz container of honey flavored greek yogurt, plus the milk in a cup of coffee is about 37gm of carbs. carbs-information.com will give you the carb count for most foods.
Thanks O.
I don't require insulin either- the dr said metformin is good for us pre-diabetics, too.
The dietician gave the 45 percent carb rule, too....but she broke it down over three meals. What am I supposed to eat for the snacks she mentioned?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote