View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #59
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

You can even do Atkins as a vegetarian.

It can be loads of meat, sure, but it doesn't have to be. If you like meat, fine. I love meat...its the one food that my body physically craves. When I'm hungry, I need protein ASAP...all the potato chips/bread/pirates booty/fruit in the world will not satiate me, I need a chicken breast or some cheese. When I've done Atkins, I've had my share of meat but I get so tired of people equating atkins with bacon 24/7. Its just not the case. An omelette with veggies and cheese for breakfast, a ginormous salad with real salad dressing and shrimp, and a healthy portion of salmon with some veggies on the side for dinner...its not much more meat than the 'average' american, carb laden diet.

Then again, I never limit myself on veggies when I low carb, to an extent...I'm not going to anguish over my salad having 3 extra carbs if it means I can sneak in some extra avocado (healthy fats) or a few sunflower seeds. Any kind of dietary change has to be something that keeps you interested enough to sustain it over the long term, and constantly depriving yourself of things just leads to a failed effort.
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote