View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #65
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
That's great for you, but for some diabetics, 3 carbs can mean the difference between a normal reading and a huge spike...especially for me.

Not everyone follows a low carb diet for weight loss. However, it's great that people can adapt plans to fit their individual needs.
Editing because I got my posts crossed...I read someone else talking about 45 carbs a meal (not exactly low carb) and got it mixed up with your original post.

Anyways, sure, 3 grams of carbs might make a huge difference to someone with blood sugar issues, though I never mentioned doing "atkins" for weight loss...I've done it for a variety of reasons (including controlling blood sugar levels). I never meant to imply that you or anyone else can play with your carbs, but it does sound like you might have a little more leeway than the typical atkins dieter if you're planning on going easy on the meat. I still stand by my point that you can do a totally vegetarian version of Atkins, if you're so inclined...but for you, you could certainly do it without eating loads of meat. I'm of the school of thought that meat just isn't as bad for us as we've been told, so it just kinda bugs me when people assume atkins or other low carb ways of eating are all meat, all the time. Sorry if I got a little jumpy, its a sore spot with me

Last edited by knottyknicky; 02-07-2011 at 09:21 PM.
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote