View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #33
Dmitra
Drawing down the moonpie

Dmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions community

As a bisexual who's not had many long-term relationships I can't speak from direct experience. However, being open to whichever sex doesn't mean I'd be more likely to go outside a committed relationship because I really wanted to have any another person (being with a man and seeing a woman I'd be into, for example). I feel this is similar to the fact that not all homosexuals are going to pursue anyone of their same sex they feel attracted to as goes the straight culture worriers/haters so-called wisdom. My love map is rather fucked up so YMMV, of course.

I used to like Woody Allen's quote about bisexuals having twice the chance of a date on Saturday nights but I wonder now if the line itself (or just the attitude) has contributed to the belittling of the depths of our feelings. Then there's always the corollary thought that we have twice the chances of being rejected, too.
Dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote