View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #34
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieforever View Post
so isn't being drawn to both sexes a recipe for heartache, confusion and unfilfillment?
No more so than being straight and attracted to other people.

Quote:
Also partners of bisexual friends have confided they do not feel secure in their relationships due to their fluidity of sexuality.
Then that's their issue, not that of the bisexual partner. Being jealous or insecure is not the other person's fault. Being bi doesn't make you more prone to cheating, any more than being blonde makes you more prone to being stupid. Cheaters cheat, regardless of gender and sexual orientation.

Quote:
I do not mind who falls in love with who in this life but it seems bisexuality can bring many complications with it.
Life brings complications. Love brings complications.

Quote:
Don't you ever wish you could just fall in love and settle without feeling you are losing out because you want the sex that you are not with presently (without resorting to threesomes within the confines of a relationship which defeats the point of a relationship to me).
Who says you're losing out? Are you losing out by settling down with one woman? There are a lot of other women out there that you won't be involved with, if you settle into a monogamous relationship. Sometimes you might crave sausage instead of taco, or vice versa, but that doesn't mean you eat elsewhere.

Also, not everyone is monogamous. If you're not wanting to settle down with just one person, and you know you still want to date others, then you should say so upfront - and that's for everyone, straight, gay, bi, everything in between.

Quote:
I guess I am just wondering how bisexuality brings peace of heart because the choice alone almost ensures you will not have a great amount of it due to the very nature of bisexuality
I get the feeling you don't understand what being bisexual means. Just because you're attracted to both genders doesn't mean you want both all the time, or that you're more likely to run off on your partner, or that you'll want what you can't have. It just means you're attracted to both genders. Some folks ID at either end of the scale (more attracted to/likely to be involved with one gender than the other), some firmly in the middle with fingers in both pies, others elsewhere on the scale.

Plenty of straight or gay people find themselves attracted to other people when they're in relationships. They cheat, they lie, they fantasise about doing things with those people. Bisexual doesn't mean cheater or incapable of being faithful or always wanting what you can't/don't have.