View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #52
sassysteph

sassysteph can now change their title

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.

My name is Steph, I am in my early 30's. I live in Texas and work in financial services. I live with my hubby, a pre-teen daughter, and a pre-schooler son.

2. Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?

Like many people on here, my mother trained me to think food was my enemy. She put me on the grapefruit diet at 5yrs old cuz she was sure I didn't want to start kindergarten as the "fat kid"! Over the years she made me so neurotic about food and weight that I alternated between anorexia and bulemia from the time I was 9 until my early 20's. It wasn't until I got pregnant with my daughter and I realized that my relationship with food was not something I wanted to pass along that I began to acknowledge that my love of food was NOT a bad thing. I do tend to be more picky about what I eat than most foodies, but still consider myself to be one because of how intense my feelings for food are. Also, I always think about food, and eat as often as possible. When I am eating a meal, I am planning the next.

3. Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?

Cheesecake, definitely cheesecake. I have almost never had a cheesecake that I did not enjoy. I love experimenting with different flavors.

4. What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?

I like to think about food (usually cheesecake) during sex. Sometimes I can cause myself to orgasm simply by thinking about food. This is an excellent skill to have since my husband travels a good bit for work!

5. Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?

I cook occassionally, but hubby is better at it and enjoys it more, so I usually let him do it. I don't cook much when he's out of town cuz if it's just me and the kids, I get frustrated that they won't eat what I make.

6. Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)

I think about food more... see answer to #4
sassysteph is offline   Reply With Quote