View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #31
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have a big pot of chicken stock to be simmering away on the stove.

I had a whole chicken, so I skinned and trimmed it, removed the breast portions so we could grill them for supper and cut the rest of the body into pieces. I chopped up some onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and spread it on a pan and put the chicken pieces on top, sprinkled it all with poultry seasoning and baked it 'till done. Once it was cool enough to work with, I picked all the meat off the bones and put it into a container in the fridge so that I could have some for soup and some for whatever other recipe we come up with that needs cooked chicken. The bones, baked veggies from the pan, and all the pan juices went into the pot to become stock. That's pretty much my weekly chicken ritual, to get multiple meals from one bird.

Tracy