View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #34
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
My dutch oven potatoes recipe also uses Dr. Pepper, that I add last just before baking (using hot coals), producing Dr. Pepper Steam.

I would imagine you would find other bbq, and dessert recipes using the State Beverage of Texas.
Yummy!!! Funny how I don't like to drink it, but cooking with it? Loverly. And I've never been to Texas!

Tonight we're having leftover pork stuff, along with sauteed onion, cabbage and zucchini in the aforementioned whole wheat tortillas. I felt guilty for not having a vegetable to speak of. I added in some of the Dr. Pepper sauce when cooking the veggies so they have a little pepperage deliciousness on them, too. You know, depth of flavor and all that jazz.

I wonder how barbecue chicken would be with a Dr. Pepper type glaze/sauce.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote