View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_elf View Post
I know that there are a lot of original weight gain stories, here and elsewhere. I know that there are a lot of weight gain stories about characters from some existing TV show or film, like having a miscast spell make Hermione Granger grow fat.

But are there any weight gain stories that actually follow the plot of the film or TV show? Whether that means the plot of an episode about weight gain, or simply adding a weight gain element to a plot that didn't have one, or whatever...
In theory both approaches might be possible ... but from my reading of weight gain fiction, I haven't seen any I found convincing.

We know fictional characters in books, movies or TV shows all too well, they have their own voice ... capturing that, re-writing a story with weight-gain as a new element and maintaining the authenticity of the original story context is incredibly difficult.

Take the Hermione Granger example - JK Rowling's Harry Potter cosmos is pretty fat phobic ... so making one of the leading characters fat would either mean changing the whole frame of the story .... or completely changing the character's role in the story, personality, etc.

Doing that while keeping the charm of the original is almost impossible .... and probably not worth the effort.
Developing a new story line of your own is a better use of energy and imagination!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote