View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #61
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

While my wife never actually "broke" anything. . it was one of her fears that a chair or bench would break on her in public. .She did wear out a couple of reclining chairs over the years, perhaps prematurely too. . but such is life. .I've never broken anything by sitting on it, however tripping over something is a different matter.

The oddest thing I've ever seen, was at a family get-together. . My brother in law, who's not only tall, (6'4) and weighs in the upper 300's. had a big plate full of food in one hand, and a tall drink in the other. . He walked over to his "personal" metal lawn chair and sat down. . Unknown to him, my nephew had taken the foot caps off the bottom of the legs. So as he sat down, the chair slowly sank into the lawn....(it had been a rainy spring and the ground was soft) It sank far enough that he was literally sitting on the ground. .

All he could say was "what in the world's goin on". . To his credit he dropped not one morsel of food, nor a drop of his drink. . All the time his son was hiding behind a tree chuckling. . . .