View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #28
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default If only Vietnam could be a searing-metaphor for....

A situation you really don't want to extricate yourself-from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
"Ah yes, thank you for the name of this sandwich...the Bahn Mi...I'm committing it to memory now. I've had them before, but didn't know their name. They totally rock!"
Apparently, there are now some sit-down restaurants in bigger cities which are based around variations of this theme. But I, personally, discovered them for myself trawling through various Asian markets. I always get hungry while I'm doing that type of shopping, and a lot of those places have some uniquely delightful snacks. There, I've gotten some pretty decent-sized sandwiches for only a few bucks. They just taste absolutely great cold, wrapped in just the right amount of wax-paper to allow the inside to stay a little moist and cool and fresh while the outer-crust hardens-up a bit. Perfect-eating for when you're starving for anything a little savory, but you need it to be a bit contained; like if you're standing on a corner waiting for a bus or someone. But, if you can just wait until you get home; and pop-it into a very hot oven (with the paper half-on?) for about 2 minutes...you will tend to come-out with and even more awesome range of really distinct tastes, textures, & colors.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote