View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasdow9009 View Post
People with asperger's have less of a social filter (or no social filter whatsoever), i.e. they tend to be very up front, blunt, etc. People that I know with asperger's basically can't lie at all, their brains just don't work that way; they are very logical.

Therefore, I would think that any FA with asperger's would be very open about their preferences because they simply cannot act otherwise. On the other hand, an FA who does not have asperger's would tend to be much more socially aware of the "consequences" that come with being an FA and would probably A) be more inclined to hide it and B) have the necessary skills to hide it.

So in answer to your question, I think that no, there is not a correlation between FAism and having asperger's, but I think that it might seem that way because a much higher percentage of FA's with asperger's are out than the population of non-asperger's FA's.
Exactly this. I wasn't diagnosed as Aspy until I was 40 but my preference for SS/BBW was always completely transparent. I suspect it never occurred to me to hide it because social acceptance simply wasn't a priority for me. I'm far from being free of inhibitions but the ones I have are very different from the Neurotypical (NT).