View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #41
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Just fyi Asperger's may be going away as a diagnosis. We'd just be High Functioning ASD in the new DSM5 when it comes out.

From the DSM5 website:
The work group is proposing that this disorder be subsumed into an existing disorder: Autistic Disorder (Autism Spectrum Disorder).

I don't much care either way. For 40 years I was just an aloof asshole. Finding out I was a "clinical asshole" with a congenital brain abnormality didn't really help much.
Agreed. I strongly dislike the labelling of non-violent, "socially challenging" personalities as being somehow medically "disordered".

Just like the bullshit medicalisation of body type variation - for profit, IMO a lot of the "personality disorders" created by psychiatrists are exactly that, BS for $$$.

"Conform! Or be medicated!
Pay to be normal! Bow down and obey!"

Fuck that noise.

Being an FA is not a "disorder". Nor is telling uncomfortable truths.

Last edited by joswitch; 12-09-2011 at 01:19 PM.
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote