View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #51
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubrluvr View Post
I have the right to speak my mind. I REFUSE to let someone call me "abnormal" or have people take a patronizing attitude toward my "condition". I'm different. That's all. Our personality type was given a label (only a few decades ago I might add) and that has done little more than feed the stigma. Frankly, I consider our traits to be downright DESIRABLE. We often excel at logic, mathematics and analytical thinking. We're honest, sometimes brutally so, but we need more honesty in the world IMHO. Labeling us as having a disorder is arrogant and dehumanizing. I have the right to express my opinion when I say I believe we have been unfairly labeled by those in the psychological profession. They don't understand us. They can't. They're not like us. They are guilty of the same crime as as any group that considers itself superior. And they *DO* consider themselves superior IMHO. They don't relate to us. They see us as different and therefore "abnormal". Who are they to set the standard for what a human personality should be like?
This makes me think of the logical Vulcans and the emotional Romulans of Star Trek. The Yin and Yang personality types of the universe. Without one or the other, the universe is out of balance.

I suspect the personality types with no identifiable traits and quirks are actually the abnormal ones. Since it usually takes someone on the outside of a set of traits to recognize and characterize those traits, we need more Aspies going into Psychology to get a different perspective on "average" traits.

I can tell you that since schools started drugging so many of the kids (mostly males) who have ADD and ADHD, the quality and quantity of engineers seems to have declined. I'm sure many Asperger's kids were drugged as well. Few people have the singleminded drive to pursue the right answer to a technical problem without the tunnel vision focus of an Aspie. Now we have people more suited to being clerks and theatre majors trying to be engineers. If they can't get an answer quickly, they lose interest and try a different approach. When they run out of approaches before they find an answer, they give up.

FA and Aspie summation: Maybe it takes an Aspie to continually woo a BBW s/he finds attractive until success is received. Unlike the relationship process of average people, it can be a much longer and drawn out process for an FA and their BBW. I haven't heard of many FA/BBW couples meeting and getting married in two months. It's usually a courtship of two or more years (sometimes much more). Average people seem to meet, mate and marry in about a one year period. The same process seems to average about three or four years for FA/BBW couples. I'm not sure about FFA/BHM couples.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote