View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #57
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycoddles View Post
If you actually excelled at logic as much as you say you do, then you would realize that your original theory about there being any correlation between aspergers and being an FA is completely ridiculous and unfounded.

Also, your claims that you yourself have Aspergers Syndrome and that this gives you the right to spout ridiculous hogwash is exactly the reason that so many people have poor impressions of people with Aspergers. It is not a license to be a jerk. I have known many people with Aspergers who, while they may be socially awkward or have difficulty dealing with other people, are entirely capable of understanding basic concepts of civility and functioning as productive members of society.

I find it interesting that as soon as someone tells you that you should not use your Aspergers diagnosis as cart blanc to blurt out imbecilic drivel, you suddenly start complaining that "liberals" are "censoring" you. Whatever is wrong with you, I do not think that Aspergers explains it.
Yeah, I don't think there's is anything wrong with being an Aspie or anything. You don't have to hide all the knives in the house or anything but I find a lot of Aspies suffer from a type of hubris that nine times out of ten is undeserved. All of the logical analysis is based on the information that is available to them but at times they fail to realize that there is a broad area of information that is undetectable to them that corrupts their understanding. For example, my brother used to believe that his English teacher was a nice lady untill she put her shawl on. When she pulled her shawl from the drawer and draped it on herself to fight the chilly school room he believed that she became evil and mean. My mother had to take him to a shrink for this, he was beside himself. Now we all know that this is ridiculous but to his mind it made perfect sense and in his mind we were all missing the big picture. This is just a small example of how some Aspies will rest all of their laurels on their own perceptions that are sorely lacking in whole components that would lend much to their knowledge had they a frame of reference to see it. There are some Aspies that are self aware enough to give pause and consider, but most of my experiences involve those who do not fit in this category. To them it's everybody else who allows emotions to pollute an otherwise clear and logical conclusion.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote