View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #61
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
This is complete BS. I asked my wife to marry me on our third date.
Not necessarily. Do you exhibit Asperger's tendencies or have you been diagnosed as having Asperger's? (No need to answer or post here, it's just an illustrative question.) If not, you may not be representative of the group to which I was referring. It's usually cases where the male FA in the relationship exhibits Asperger's traits that seem to take much longer between dating and marriage. Plus, your short period between first date and marriage is offset by those who take 8, 10 or 14 years to do the same thing. That's why I estimated 3 to 4 years as the average.

And in opposition to my earlier statement about it being the Aspie taking longer to date the (SS)BBW and convince her to marry, it may be the Aspie FA taking much longer to decide on and accept the mate they have vs. starting all over and finding another candidate for marriage. This may be tied to the notorious tendencies of an Aspie to be a perfectionist. Those are my current two (but competing) theories on relationships between a male FA Aspie and a BBW.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote