View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #65
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default What I've Learned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFA View Post
I'm sure you learned something from those pursuits which benefited you later on. Not everything should be tied into an immediate profit motive. Using it as an academic activity is also desirable. That dogged pursuit of an understanding of technical issues represents entry into the state of the "will to think":
http://books.google.com/books?id=2cu...ink%22&f=false

It makes me wonder how many of our great inventors exhibited Aspie tendencies.
You're absolutely right. Now'a days, I design and build fairly advanced stuff that either works correctly on first try or works right after "fixing minor wiring/construction bugs"! I'm on oxygen, so I've also learned that perf-board construction, demanding simultaneous visual acuity, manual dexterity, and thinking/reasoning on-the-fly, is a huge metabolic demand! Working an hour or two, then resting for a recharge, and starting back up, is very effective and saves time in the long run by reducing errors. Some of my hospitalizations, a few years ago, were in part, the result of not resting properly during my projects. The understanding and respect of human limits and the discipline to work within my limits is taking me beyond what I thought possible. Sometimes intangible accomplishments are, indeed, priceless!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote