View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #71
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default C'mon, get on board. You too can do-it...I know you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
"a lot of Aspies suffer from a type of hubris....logical analysis is based on the information that is available to them but at times they fail to realize that there is a broad area of information that is undetectable to them that corrupts their understanding...will rest all of their laurels on their own perceptions that are sorely lacking in whole components that would lend much to their knowledge had they a frame of reference to see it....To them it's everybody else who allows emotions to pollute an otherwise clear and logical conclusion."
Yeah, I mean, I don't know if I would choose these words exactly (e.g., "hubris," per se...); but it's not a totally unfair characterization. Certainly, we all have "blind-spots;" but to be blind, insensitive, or, generally, noncogniscient to stimuli that's consistently and fluidly interpreted by 95% or so of the population is more than just "being different." It's a legitimate disability, to put it most directly. Yeah, it is fun to fantasize that each of us has the total freedom to see, hear, think, know, & understand, ect...only as we, individually, choose-to to need to. In a kind of vacuum of our own personal imagination. Then again, reality: We all have to live and work and exist in world designed primarily for and by "other-people."

As per what Lamia first noticed-aloud; case-in -point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubrluvr View Post
"That's right. I'm posting an a liberal-dominated-overly-politically-correct forum where censorship is the rule."
Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
"If you're trying to look smart by using French idioms, it helps to get them right - it's "carte blanche" (feminine endings).

Also, at no point did the OP rant about "liberal censorship". Nice straw man you built there.
"
You see, Jos is just so eager, not too unlike the Gerald character on Sid the Science Kid, that he can't help but to excitedly point out this "important detail," that mollycoddles has made a mistake! One which he seems to have corrected; but, seemingly, without the most basic awareness of the (more important) context through which the rest of us have interpreted this exchange:
  • That the error-itself is not, particularly, significant to most of us who're actually participating in this discussion since we (again, most of us, that is) can easily deduce what molly meant based on the rest of what she wrote, even totally absent of any kind of familiarity with that particular phrase.
  • That the phrase-itself; nor really anything that's researchable with google, is very likely not aimed at actually impressing anyone since (again, for most of us), being fluent in the English language and having enjoyed at least some experience studying a second language and having access to any of a myriad of technological supports, would likely and practically preclude anyone's being actually impressed merely at the introduction of some idiomatic expression of foreign origin.
  • That, ironically, (at least for those of us afflicted as Jos or blubrluvr) it's that very inability, to approach or access or assess this very type of context that makes such conditions as much of a challenging prognosis.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote