View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
LeoGibson
Whiskey Bent

LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
Oh don't worry about being a size ten. I've been small"er" most of my life and now, looking back, I feel like I've wasted a lot of time trying to be that "girl in the magazine". Now I just enjoy myself and what makes me happy. To my suprise, it has definitely been better than I imagined. In the end, that's all that really matters right?
I completely agree. You need to do the things that make you happy. That is what matters most.

I know I'm not female and I'll never know firsthand the double standard that y'all have to deal with, but the way I look at it, you can be the "girl" in the magazine and look exactly like her and even have on the same outfit. Even with all that, half the people will still find fault with you because you're not blonde, or redheaded, or you don't have green eyes or blue.

The bottom line is that there is always someone out there that's gonna hate on you for something, religion, skin color, sexual orientation, the car you drive, the house you live in etc. etc.

The thing I have learned in this journey is that people only have the power over you that you give them. The only people whose opinion matters are those in your inner circle. Anyone else can go shit in their hat for all I care.

When confronted on anything by anyone that is not in that inner group, I just reserve my well practiced look of disdain mixed with incredulity. Kind of like the face you would make if a lump of dog excrement all of a sudden started talking and decided to insult you. That is usually followed by a hearty laugh at their expense as everyone has something they are insecure about, horse teeth, or moles, or being old and hump backed (hey, assholes get old too you know, they're not all nice old people). Then I go on about my business and don't much give them another thought. I prefer to focus my energies on those that I love and that love me.

I felt this way to an extent when I was younger, but I did have more bouts of insecurity on occasion than I do now. I almost never feel insecure now. Something switched off for me in my early 30's that started me down the road of not caring about the thoughts of people that do not matter to me. So in answer yes I'm fat and happy in my 30's, although I have been varying levels of fat all my life size depending on my activities at any given time, i.e. sports or weight training. I guess I have always been kind of an asshole my whole life, but I have really been coming into my own at it starting in my mid 30's. That makes it easier to have this outlook on life.