View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #83
Bananaspills

Bananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 club

I don't have anything very useful to say, but I love reading this thread... Especially the input by all the Aspies. My little boy has Asperger's and I wouldn't change it, I like that he's different and how quirky it makes him. (Granted, if he was more strongly affected I might feel differently, I don't know...)
Also, he's only 5 but yeah my DH and I joke he's a FA in the making, because he loves running into me and bouncing off my butt, and also stroking my arms to settle himself (not his dad's more muscular arms, just my chubby ones.) He does have some problems with eye contact, but he has always been tactile and cuddly.
I forgot to mention my DH is also a FA (he always prefered bigger women and doesn't tend to find thin women attractive, from what he's told me) and although he was never diagnosed he believes he has some degree of Asperger's, and that our son got it from him. There's my totally worthless anecdote of the day
Bananaspills is offline   Reply With Quote