View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #20
BBW4Chattery

BBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelocs View Post
Anyone else got laser-like focus and a can-do bitchtastic attitude in their 30's? Or is it just me? I finally have the strength to give up relationships that I know are fruitless, I have a job that I love which is deeply satisfying and has room for advancement, and I can stop loitering around the edges of groups I'll never fit into. I have preferences that I'm not afraid to acknowledge (this is a big step for me) and I'm finally free enough to just shrug off bullshit that I would normally obsess over. I'm kind of trippin over it all at the moment, but you know what? I don't care. I wouldn't say I'm happy (I have waaay too much I need to do) but this may be as close to mentally healthy as I get.
Um, yup. Totally me...and glad you're there with me.

I turned 33 in Jan and this past year I...
  • moved 2600 miles
  • let my license expire in my career field
  • began a new graduate program in a new career field
  • got serious about my boundaries with family/friends
  • started caring more about things where I can help myself and others and gave up caring about stuff I can't help...
BBW4Chattery is offline   Reply With Quote