View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitmatters View Post
what really pisses me off is when I am driving and you have these rather huge wideload vehicles in my way and not doing the speed limit or they are texting or talking on the phone.

pull over and text and talk please.
Not speaking to texting or talking while you drive, because we are in agreement there. As to wide loads I understand aggravation with them and I have even done that for a living. However, something for your consideration is that those type of loads are governed by permit of the state it is traveling in. The state decides what the route and maximum allowable speed depending on total weight, height, or width. So even if the speed limit is 65, by permit that load's speed limit may only be 45 mph. It also governs what time of day you can drive as well with said load. Believe me when I say that most truckers will drive as fast as the law or whatever speed their company will let them drive as rarely are these types of jobs paid by the hour, so we want to complete them as quickly as we are able to.