View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What's pissing me off? Oh I'm SO glad you asked!

Several things, really:

1. I have been sitting in limbo with a 99% finished thesis for over a month, because my dumbass stats guys can't be bothered to write up their methods section!!

2. Every day, I have to hear about this idiotic student "strike" that is going on in Quebec. They are having their fees raised a nominal amount and, even after the increase, they will still be paying the lowest tuition in the country by far, yet they're super pissed off and acting like whiny babies who shit themselves 50 times and want the government to change their diapers. My fees are about 8X what they would pay with the increase (and rent here is at least double what they pay) - they can go fuck themselves. I hope the police get tired of listening to them and just cave their faces in with batons.

3. A guy who decapitated a sleeping passenger on a bus, then paraded around the bus with the head, while eating parts of it, was found "not criminally responsible" due to his mental state, and will soon be released from his VERY short period of psychiatric treatment. WTF. Someone should decapitate that piece of shit.

4. A while back, we had a mandatory 5 cent fee applied to purchases that required a plastic bag - it seemed that the money collected would be used to fund recycling programs etc. Now, it turns out that the fee just went to the companies, ie. they made a shit ton of money for something that used to be free. The fee is no longer mandatory, but companies will probably continue to charge it - the suggestion is that they will donate a portion of it. Ugh. Instead of dealing with it this way, why couldn't they make it mandatory to donate the fee? This doesn't affect me, because I have used cloth bags for over a decade so they're not getting my money either way, but the whole thing is so fucking stupid that I can't bear to hear about it anymore!

5. There is a transgendered contestant in the Miss Universe Canada competition. This is not what's pissing me off, as I fully support trans individuals and all that. What pisses me off is the fact that she's fighting so hard for the right to be objectified as much as other bimbos who were born with a vagina. What a waste of time.

That's enough for now. There's more, though.

ETA: While I was typing this, I heard on the news that you can now receive a $10K fine if you are caught washing your car in your driveway in Toronto. Ugh...I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Last edited by Melian; 05-17-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Melian is offline   Reply With Quote