View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #15
likeitmatters
happiness as finally come

likeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 clublikeitmatters is a member of the 500 club
Default I am talking about those suv's etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Not speaking to texting or talking while you drive, because we are in agreement there. As to wide loads I understand aggravation with them and I have even done that for a living. However, something for your consideration is that those type of loads are governed by permit of the state it is traveling in. The state decides what the route and maximum allowable speed depending on total weight, height, or width. So even if the speed limit is 65, by permit that load's speed limit may only be 45 mph. It also governs what time of day you can drive as well with said load. Believe me when I say that most truckers will drive as fast as the law or whatever speed their company will let them drive as rarely are these types of jobs paid by the hour, so we want to complete them as quickly as we are able to.

I have the upmost respect for truckers as I was a trucker back in the day however those people with hummers and suv's and whatever that are not doing the speed limit because they may not be able to afford the gasoline and are in my way drives me nuts.