Thread: confessions
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #519
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A friend who I finally got a chance to catch up with contacted me yesterday and initially I was thrilled. I had forgotten how much she (slightly chubby) hated her body to the degree where she would consider anything to lose weight, no matter how dangerous. Her self-loathing came out in full force during our chat and she said she'd gained 50 lbs. in a year and she hated her ugly ugly ugly fat and felt like such a cow. She was truly distressed and it distressed me because I knew she was in pain but at the same time, her self-hatred was really getting to me. I feel other people's pain literally. I'm empathic and while I kept telling her she was beautiful even though I knew she didn't believe me, she still is, both inside and out, it was as if she was spiraling and manic about it. I was relieved and very drained when we ended the conversation. Even at my lowest moments, I've never hated myself like that. And I feel bad that there's nothing I can do but be an example that being fat is not a curse, not the end of the world and can be quite beautiful.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote