View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #826
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have to second everything AmplePie has said.

It is nearly impossible to get truly accepted into the LGBTQ community. I'm not even truly accepted in my community. Because I am not flat out lesbian, and not butch nor femme... I'm not accepted. Because I am not a boring ole straight person who supports gays and lesbians... I'm not accepted. Because I am not flat out trans, I'm not accepted. Etc etc.

The list goes on and on. The few who do like me, generally just like me for personality purposes, but don't agree with me being part of the community. It's a struggle. There's even this cute older couple where the man is a CD and they're hated on openly at parties. They still attend, though. I love them to bits and I love how fondly the wife speaks of her man when he cross dresses. They even go shopping for clothes together and if they both like a certain piece, whoever looks best in it gets to wear it. I think that's absolutely adorable... And yet... the community hates them, and that hurts my heart

We even have issues with people picking fights when the drag queens come to perform! Like... seriously. I think that's horrible. They won't even dare to put on a drag king show in my area because of the fear of fights turning even more ugly. When they announce a drag show, the attendance of Pride events gets cut down dramatically. The gay men here don't support gay men who dress like women for show. I've even seen it from a good friend of mine. He said to me "Why would I want to see a man like a woman? If I wanted to be with a woman, I'd be straight." He just doesn't get it, but he's not alone in that sentiment...

I am not sure what I would be called. As CastingPearls has said... some people are just attracted to PEOPLE. I think I fit that. I like men anywhere from looking more female than a female, to the rugged and bearded muscle type and everything in between. I have been attracted to trans people with no issue. I like many types of women, too. Though I am more into men in general, but still.
But because of this fluctuating type of attraction, I am not liked in the community. Then comes the fact of gender identity.

In my city, you're either male, female, or transitioning into one of them. That's it. I consider myself in between genders so to speak. I guess Androgyne is the best term, to even use one. I am very frustrated at the fact that when I want to be more masculine, I can never pull it off. Yet androgynous boys seem to have no issue. It's maddening! But anyway...

This whole not having a defined gender nor a defined sexuality has made me a target within my own community. So... there really shouldn't be an issue of wanting to be accepted... I'm not saying you won't be... but it's not something to strive for. Just be you. Like what you like. Be who you are and love whoever you want to love. You have to accept you and the rest will follow.

Yes... that's incredibly cheesy, but very true.

Last edited by CarlaSixx; 09-25-2012 at 08:21 AM.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote