View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #47
Librarygirl

Librarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging in
Smile Challenging library stereotypes!

Another of those 'Couldn't make it up' sitcom style moments today..

One of my volunteers, pleasant lady in her sixties, walks into Reading Room Reception this morning and her first comment to a fellow volunteer is "Look at that, it looks just like a bondage chair!" ( in hearing of our customers)

This being my new chair, which has provoked many 'Mastermind' / James Bond villain comments, but never anything quite like this. Mind you, since the arms were getting damaged by the table, we did 'bandage' it with archival tape, which could look a bit like wrist restraints I suppose.

Thinking I'd not heard, she laters asks about my new chair with an amused smirk on her face!!!! What does she think goes on in my Reading Room, lol!
And there was me feeling worried about wearing flat shoes and turning into a stereotypical 'librarian'