View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #10
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You don't sound high-maintenance to me, but I'm biased. Allow me to explain.

I've been described as high maintenance by several people, but certainly not people who love me and know me well. I am choosy. I dress beautifully. I have what some call 'high-falutin'' tastes and I speak my mind.

It depends on who uses the term and why. Some people use it disparagingly. In the area I grew up, a woman (never EVER a man) who was confident was referred to as someone who 'thought who the hell she was' and the consensus was that she needed to be brought down a peg. In my experience, misogyny by women is far more insidious than that used by men. Truly confident women were trail-blazers but paid the price by being outliers. This is true even today, everywhere. In some countries, they pay with their life.

The term, however, can be used endearingly. My best friend refers to me as a neon peacock and herself as a brown hen. When I protest, she says she likes being the brown hen. It's safer for her because she's shy. I also think that there are many men who prefer the 'girl next door' to the 'glamour girl' which is fine with me. I don't want to be with someone who is turned off by my affectations, indulgences and peccadilloes. I like a man who considers me a worthy partner and while a challenge, completely worth it. Because I am. With no apologies.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote