View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
My ex used to tell me I was high maintenance. Apparently not being a doormat put me in that category. And then I watch something like Bridezillas and say, "Um, no, if we want comparisons, I'm actually low-to-moderate." Then again, some people see maintenance as an outward, physical, fashion thing. And some focus more on personal strength or opinions.

Still... even if I were truly high maintenance, I'd like to think a man who loves me thinks I'm worth every bit of it.
You know a couple of my exes have said I am high maitanance for the same reasons I like to be ontime for things, and have mutual respect etc

I am not a huge girly girl in the sense I don't wear make up often, and I have never really been a hair and nails person (not bad if you are just not my thing)

crafting is a part of that no point paying a fortune for fancy nails that will get paint, ink and other splatters and be ruined.

I think it depends on who you ask do I have expectations of being treated well and with respect yes.

Will I call you on your bs yes

will I play doormat hell no

I see high maitanance as someone who constantly needs a high level of attention, who can be financially draining to be with, who often has to have the latest and greatest stuff to keep up with the joneses so to speak, who rarely lets their partner have a life of their own, and who is often in many ways somewhat controlling but that could just be me

appearance is an indavidual thing I don't see wanting to look good or do beauty things as the whole high maitanence thing unless it is you know taking 2-3hrs to get ready to go out every time then it would get a bit old pretty fast.

I think we all have diff views on what those words mean to begin with.

I think its funny my exes thought I was considering they never were told they could not go somewhere or do things with others, I never stopped them from doing things they wanted to do with or without me, I encouraged them, did nice things for them, do not have the expectation of living in someones pocket so to speak. But such is life sometimes people see the need for mutual respect and to be treated respectfully as High Maitenance shrugs