View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What I find really sad is this apologetic tone that women are taking and feeling the need to explain themselves and separate themselves from 'those women'. Why are we explaining our behavior to avoid falling into some ambiguous category men and women alike use to keep women down, to attempt (often successfully) to make them feel bad for being themselves, for wanting good things, for defining THEIR ideas of ambition?

To the best of my knowledge, this term isn't used (or perhaps, commonly used) for men nor does it have a male counterpart which furthers my belief that this is yet another insidious form of misogyny that changes at the whim of the accuser AND accusee (not me! *I* don't do X, I SWEAR!!!, Oh, I'm not ridiculously this or that) already stepping away from the untouchables. Really?
You do realize as women, that you've been punked, don't you? You've allowed yourselves to be cornered and pigeonholed into thinking that if you're anything other than compliant and smart BUT NOT TOO SMART, as in smarter than men perhaps, and beautiful, BUT NOT TOO BEAUTIFUL lest we become arrogant....the list goes on and does because we play the game so willingly, that no matter what you do, you fail. It's set up that way.

What does it benefit you or me to play the game? Do we win a prize? Is that prize A MAN? Or perhaps the approval of other women? How do you know when you step outside such vague guidelines? Aren't you tired of being categorized and always found wanting, never quite enough because by being yourself you've failed according to those who continue to play the game?

I don't like this game. So I'm not playing it. And I don't play well with others who play well with others. I'm more the 'runs with scissors' crowd anyway.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 04-08-2013 at 10:18 AM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote