View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

For a community that preaches tolerance is the highest of virtues, a great many people here get their (ignorant, prejudiced, uneducated on the topic) backs up when someone mentions the various bariatric/metabolic (weight-loss) surgeries. To be clear, when I say 'get their backs up' I mean 'totally lose their everfucking minds'.
I get the part that some people feel the recent explosion of metabolic surgeries in North 'Merica to cure us fatty fat fatties is the moral equivalent to some jerkoff pushing a Bible at someone to help cure a case of The Jewish, or praying away some cool cat's desire for the dick, but sheesh.
I had gastric bypass last June, and not because I wanted to fit into a pair of skinny jeans or go horseback riding like in a tampon commercial - I had the surgery because I was fucking dying. The complete lack of cogent thought in the WLS forum (so excellently titled "The WLS Controversy - We're against WLS. If you must talk about it, do it here." as if it's the board's fucking NAMBLA corner) in the face of calm science is frightening. If we can't get support from a community who damn well knows the suffering fat people go through on a daily basis, where the fuck ARE we going to get it?
The extremely personal to choice to permanently alter our anatomy to improve our health and lessen the chances of debilitating disease and early death is just that - ours. If you don't like the idea of WLS, please tell me why after you have carefully reviewed the scientific and medical literature on the topic, not because you knew someone who knew someone that had WLS and they died four weeks later after shitting a pound of nickels. If you're an ignorant yam bag and your mind is made up, gleefully ignoring the choice, science, and difficulty before and AFTER surgery, plz to be fucking yourself