View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
Uh, no. My beef is with the ignorant fucks I have messaged/read/com across on the board who display prejudice, stupidity, and are completely opposed to learning information about the topic. I don't care what opinion people have about the surgery, I happen to give a shit when someone who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground pontificates. Personally, I know nothing about particle physics, therefore I don't send emails to people who work on the Large Hadron Collider. Does that help, dear?
Well you addressed the community as a whole twice/three times depending on your interpretation of your original post so if you meant to address a more specific target audience than the entire forum.

And you still seem to be of the opinion that if a person doesn't agree with you then they obviously don't know anything. I am a zoologist. I have done detailed studies on the long and short term success rates, morbidity rates and the ability of doctors to treat the related problems. I have also gone through several years worth of reports on the reductions of obesity related illnesses following WLS and to be honest it is very boring to read through all that but there are definitely pros and cons. Personally I think the long term success rates combined with the high morbidity rates make it unsuitable for most people. Not to mention the fact that those who can afford to pay for it privately as opposed to on the NHS often do so clinging to the idea that it will be an easy way out, which, as somebody who has had WLS yourself, you can attest is not the case. But that is just my opinion. Which has as much and no more value than yours. Your original post was saying that other people aren't entitled to their opinions unless they can 'prove' to you that they know what they are talking about. Which isn't true because at the end of the day, no matter how much or how little you know about a topic your opinion is just that, an opinion and not a fact no matter how much you would like it to be.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote