View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

(not related to the above discussion)

These words are writ on water, as far as permanence goes. Oh, for sure, the internet has a lot of backing up to it these days, so maybe I could come back and find this post twenty years from now, but I wouldn't particularly count on it. I'd certainly challenge you to find any particular post from the original Dimensions boards.....and even if these boards are better preserved, finding particular material amongst the hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of posts could well be a challenge.

There is a huge body of thoughts, experiences, and stories shared on these boards. I have no idea how many books would be required if you were to print up all of the boards, but I'm sure it would be many. Of course a lot of it is of no particular lasting value, essentially amounting to chit-chat between people. But there is a whole lot of very good stuff, too.

Have any of you ever grabbed particular posts to save them for yourself so that you don’t lose the information? Ever thought what you’d do, what you’d lose, if Dimensions ever shuts down? Or for that matter, if the place was ever just frozen so that you couldn't edit anything, but material was still visible to others, what picture of yourself you leave here?

Of course, this is far from the first web board that has this issue--or even go back to the old newsgroups, fundamentally the same issue has been there for a long time.