View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #34
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Non frying Southerners? I didn't know such people existed!

Frying chicken and pork chops is pretty straight forward. Season, coat in flour, cook in hot oil on high until both sides are golden brown. Now I am a bit of heretic and I go skinless on my chicken because a) the seasoning is directly on the meat itself , lending itself to a more flavorful bird and b) the chicken comes out wickedly juicy. As for seasoning, my personal favorite Tony Chacere's Creole Seasoning or Spices and Herbs when I want a little more heat. Otherwise salt, black pepper, and maybe a little red pepper if you don't have a particular seasoning blend on hand. McCormick's Chicken Seasoning is quite good and Borner's Fiesta line of seaonings are excellent, as well.

Now if you really want simple and don't wanna screw it up too much, try Tony Chacere's Fish Fry mix on your chicken. It's already seasoned so it removes some guess work on your behalf. My last couple of batches of fried chicken have been made using the the fish fry and the wife and kiddos have just loved it.

Last edited by ScreamingChicken; 08-04-2006 at 11:10 AM.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote