View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #64
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hadnít noticed this intro thread in the past Ė thanks GamerGainerGirl for bumping it! Also, I donít post too often on this board for the twin reasons that Iím just not as expert and passionate on the topic as many of the rest of you, and that spending any time on this board leaves me ravenously hungry, a state that happens too much as it is! Anyway, Iíve posted so much around Dimensions for years that introducing myself feels a little silly, but I guess Iím kind of a novice on this board, so here goes.

Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.
Iím in my mid-40s, married since my late twenties to a woman who is a true foodie. One teenage boy. Professionally I am a nerd working in an office all day, where the yummy left-overs I have for lunch is often the highlight of my day. Unfortunately in recent years Iíve developed an irritable digestive system which forces me to avoid trigger foods, including beer, wine, and anything with dehydrated onions or garlic, amongst other things. Oddly this seems to have made me more passionate about food.

Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?
I adore food, from simple comfort food to things that leave my taste buds dancing. Iím not at all sure that Iím discerning enough to be called a foodie, but I certainly do have standards (Iím not big on junk food, for instance).

Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
Most definitely cinnamon buns. No, wait, corn on the cob. No, no, it would have to be cheese. But waitÖÖ.

What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?
When travelling I much prefer to explore street food than fine dining (although with my new intolerance to dehydrated onion and garlic I may have to curtail that).

Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?
I like eating better than cooking Also, Iím a reasonably competent cook but Iím married to an extremely talented cook who does enjoy cooking, so I donít end up cooking a lot. I try to get in a meal a week, but it doesnít always happen. I donít really claim anything as my specialtyóI have introduced several ideas into the house, but then my wife takes the idea and improves upon it vastly.

Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)
These days food, for sure. Twenty years ago, probably not so much, lol. Mind you, for me food, fat stuff, and sex all tend to be related, so thinking about food has sexual overtones for me, and when I was thinking about sex more that may have strayed to food as part of those thoughts. Call it all Ďsensual indulgences,í perhaps?