View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #46
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Yes, that's my definition too. A high maintenance person is someone who demands an inordinate amount of attention or money or both.

Low maintenance on the other hand is someone who takes care of what needs to be taken care of without a lot of drama or unreasonable demands on others.
That's pretty much what I have always taken it to mean...and I do think it's a term that was created by men to describe some women...and I wonder if it started out as an automotive term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
To me high maintenance is someone who has to always have their way. Also, they will not settle for less than the best. They will disrupt the flow of fun in order to try to force something their way. Self-centered and vain.

I don't really think of looking pretty and wearing makeup as high maintenance.
I can agree with this ideal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largent View Post
Being described as "high maintenance" is really about the inner workings of the person's mental attitudes. The discussions here seem to have gone off on a tangent about the way people present or maintain their physical selves - but I describe a person as "high maintenance" when they require a lot of relationship-energy but don't respond meaningfully, recipricate or "get it" at all - the kind of person that is so difficult to be yourself with that you just tend to give up eventually.
Sounds like this all goes back to the aforementioned "needy"

The OP doesn't sound needy or "high maintenance" to me. Dress how you want that makes you feel good- isn't it fun being a girl?

I wear make up everyday unless I don't feel good and don't leave my house - which is rare.

I wear dresses and skirts to work or otherwise- not owning many trousers.

I drink beer- but I'm kind of "prissy" or "girly" about it as in I won't drink lagers - only preferring golden, light American made beers. My 21 year old daughter seems to like what I think of as "harsh" beer.

I can out-curse most sailors- in my dress and sweet little flat shoes.

I can be opinionated, chortle loudly in public and generally pop a mostly not give a shit attitude in public if something/someone annoys me.

I've been called funny, strong, crazy, wild, bitch and cunt....but never high maintenance or needy.

The few "high maintenance" men I have known in my life tend to be single...the women tend to always have a man. Go figure *shrugs*

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote