View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is an interesting study, not only for what it says, but for what it doesn't say. First off, the study is a report on the percentage of women who say they had sex with a man; this is not necessarily the same as the percentage of women who have had sex with a man. In some communities virgins are looked down on as losers; in others they are highly prized. The attitudes of the community may influence some people's answers; what is the margin of error for this study? Even the language of the report is obscure: the first sentence reports that "obese women report more sexual encounters..." while further on we discover that "92 percent of overweight women reported having intercourse with men..." How did the survey decide who is obese and who is overweight? If they used the BMI, then "obese" and "overweight" refer to two distinct groups. I'm assuming that the 87% and 92% figures refer to any subject who reported ever having sex with a man in her life. Sex with a man? Were there no gay women involved? Or were the subjects not asked about their sexual preference? This might be important for assessing the results. I suspect that at least some of these concerns were addressed in the original article, which I haven't read (but will try to track down). Has anyone seen the original, or has anyone more detailed information about the study?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote