View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #1523
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yah, but if you look at old news reels, you see how skinny a lot of people were, as a routine, normal, part of life, not because of extensive dieting, etc. I think food was relatively expensive and probably on average less interesting (the variety of foodstuffs and flavoring available at all times of the year was not available to pretty much anyone a couple of generations ago), plus there had been actual or social-pressure rationing during wars. I mean, when McDonalds first created their hamburger, I don't think those were aimed at young kids or to be eaten several together to make a meal.

So some portion sizes reflect really old standards in our society.

Even given that, yah, my portion sizes are certainly larger than anyone would really need--I don't snack all that much, I don't eat much junk food, I eat a well balanced diet.....I just eat quite a lot of good food. Part of why it is so hard for me to lose weight is that I don't really have much interest in eating less, either.