View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #22
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Furthermore, these white men clearly had a fetish (it wasn't like a OH YOU DATE BLACK MEN? I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU, YOU ABOMINATION).
This has just reminded me of something. My mother told me once about how she and my dad got together and what it was like being married to him etc etc (he left when I was a kid). She said that one of the first questions he asked her was whether or not she had slept with a black man before. My mum said yes and he left and said he had to 'seriously consider whether or not he wanted to be with a woman who would sleep with a black man' and it took weeks for him to come back and start dating her again.

I think my huge racist of a dad (in other ways as well, it took me until I was a teenager to realise that 'paki' did not mean shopkeeper) is one of the reasons why that question about the race of your previous partners really rubs me up the wrong way. I mean, he didn't mind the fact that she had two kids or the fact that she was married when they started dating but the fact that she had slept with a black man was almost a deal breaker. My mind boggles.

And just in case you couldn't tell from my pasty Caucasian skin, both my parents are white.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote