View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #23
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Kelsey Grammer:Andy Grammer:Red Grammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadSeekers View Post
"I've always wondered how some white people justified bizarre race obsession in their heads....and now I know"
I'm not really trying to justify anything, just relating my own personal experience. Of course, I certainly leave room for others, who've had other types of experiences; and, through that, come to see other truths.

For one example, I don't think that diminishing or marginalizing someone else's preference or orientation (or fetish) as "a bizarre obsession" is somehow going to change things. (Here, of course, where we're all separated by so much, I think it's actually a good thing to hash out all sorts of ideas, but...) Instead, in RL, when I'm face to face with another human being, I try to relate to them as non-judgmentally as I can. Because, I find, that serves to create an intimacy that allows me a better insight into the real meaning of their words and actions. And, once having demonstrated as much, where I'm better situated to relate whatever example I can provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
My experience is more than a decade old but it may still apply....I'm thinking that guys who ask "do you date black guys" may be inartfully trying to determine if they're your type...
Yeah, of course. Not everyone is so good at initiating & sustaining a decent conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
"This is such a distorted post. I don't think there's any reasonable answer...."
You know, it might read differently if you just took each section separately. As separate responses to your bullet-points.

Look, I'm not doubting what you've experienced. But, all I'm really asking of you is to take my response as I took your question. Just at face-value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
"....is one of the reasons why that question about the race of your previous partners really rubs me up the wrong way..."
I am sorry to hear that. But, hopefully, you will have other types of experiences along the way. To the effect of seeing how, sometimes, people change. And, sometimes, it's in-time, just enough to look more broadly, at the totality of their life, inclusive of what obstacles they faced or opportunities or types of experiences they lacked.

And, of course, how much so no-one is really so simply & neatly defined. Just by one thing. Or incident. If even something that permeates into most aspects of their daily life.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote