Thread: bi-gendered?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #55
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Necroing this thread because it's better than remaking it to discuss the subject matter herein.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that I am, to use the OP's term, "bi-gendered".

Biologically, I am male, and am not displeased with this. My male side is largely masculine (as defined by modern society), with a small degree of femininity evidenced in some of my behaviors and mannerisms. I am straight to an almost xenophobic degree (which may represent some bisexuality that I'm simply afraid of, who knows = P). My male side (I'm going to use the term, "Aspect") is also the dominant part of my personality, with it and my female side sharing a common personality core that really defines who I am. Sexually, my male aspect is rather passive. I'm not particularly driven to be in shape/built, but I harbor a pronounced dislike of being overweight (notably, I tend to gain in my stomach, thighs, and chest, and I hate having even the suggestion of moobs).

My female side is a fair bit different. Very masculine/neutral, predominantly lesbian but just bi enough to *notice* men. She (armed with the knowledge that my parents would likely have named me Rachel were I born a girl, I have taken to identifying my female aspect accordingly as though she were a separate person - which she almost is, because of how different I would be if she were the dominant part of my personality) would be a sex fiend if she could - incidentally, she comes more to the forefront when I'm horny (of about equal incident is that I picture myself from a female perspective better than 80% of the time when I masturbate - this is also why I tend to write female characters and non-hetero relations = P). Rachel's notions about physical fitness derive from my male side's ideas of a "perfect blend" - an athletic, toned core under a soft outer shell. As such, she's a bit of a glutton, which effects my eating habits a bit when I'm horny (but, sadly, does not seem to do anything for my exercise habits, or lack thereof!). (Somewhat thankfully, she also has absolutely no interest in cosmetic product use - that's not something I'd like to explore, thank you!)

THAT said... I am not a wannabe trans (no slight intended to those who are). Both my aspects like women and, while becoming female might make some things easier/more convenient, I have no doubt it would cause trouble on other fronts, so I'll live with the annoyance of frequently crushing on lesbians who have no interest in my male body and hope to some day find a bi girl who is either down with my dual nature or at least doesn't care about it.

If medical science were at a point where I could literally go into a clinic a man and come out a fully functional (and anatomically correct) female version of myself (IE a clone with the Y gaining a second leg), I would do so in a heartbeat (though I would, admittedly, get my tubes cut the same day, if possible = P), but the necessarily hacked/faked surgical factors of today's Trans process are of absolutely no interest to me - and that's without the consideration of having to deal with the world that's used to me as a man.