View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #42
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
This reminds me so much of my mother. She always claims not to be racist but says that whilst she thinks it is fine for people of different races to date and have relationships they shouldn't be allowed to marry and have kids because it 'isn't fair on the kids' to be mixed. I have asked her what she meant by that several times and it seems that because she is obsessed with race she assumes all mixed race people are miserable and mentally ill because they don't have any family or friends they can identify with. Because, you know, race is so important in family and friend relationships. She has also dated mixed race people who were perfectly happy and successful and met my mixed race friends who are, shockingly, perfectly normal human beings. I don't think I will ever be able to understand her ridiculous, effed up thinking and frankly I do think I ever want to.

Yeah i agree i never can get in people like that heads. There perceptions are just so far out there. It's a shame really.