View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #48
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
No racial, but I want to know why the hell white guys ask me if I date/fuck black men?

A) my love life is none of your concern
B) if you're a white guy and I'm chatting you up, why are you asking me these questions?
C) this is 2014.

Yes... one would think that by 2014- that this type of attitude would have changed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
My experience is more than a decade old but it may still apply. When I was working in New Jersey (1999-2000) I went to a variety of BBW events across the Northeast. It was immediately obvious that events catered to particular demographics. Most of the men at Massachusetts BBW events were white. The Connecticut BBW events attracted many more black men. Most of the guys at one NYC BBW club were white -- at the other mostly black.

Women chose which events to attend based on their preferences. A pair of sisters I knew were always fighting over which events to attend since one sister preferred black guys and the other white guys. As a mixed guy who can pass for white I had much better luck at events whose male demographic skewed white.

Based on the foregoing I'm thinking that guys who ask "do you date black guys" may be inartfully trying to determine if they're your type. Its always good to know up front if a potential date is or isn't into your demographic.

1. As far as the BBW events - not all functions can be considered equal. Certain events just catered to certain demographics period and were just organized differently. You just saw a different crowd in each. And yes folks will attend events that cater to their preferences. There would be a huge difference as to whom would show up to a Goddesses event in NYC vs. the events further up North in Mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvaceousBBWLover View Post
So many white guys seem to harbor a pathological fear that we black men will reach out and steal their wives and girlfriends.

I really think that a more diverse society in which racial taboos are receding is causing white males to have masculinity issues. They used to be able to have all the world's women, but black men couldn't. Now that they know that some WFs do date black men, the WMs don't know what to do with themselves.

The whole BBW/FA thing is not such a big deal in the black community. We have a lot of big black women who have no trouble finding partners. White BBWs have become aware of this, and those who are willing to date black men generally can expect to be treated well.

Interesting point- and there has been much historical precedence on this issue. It's only been since 1967 that the Supreme Court struck down Anti-miscegenation laws - however, it seems that some parts of society still have plenty of catching up to do...

===================

The 1883 U.S. Supreme Court case Pace v. Alabama upheld the constitutionality of anti-miscegenation laws. The Motion Picture Production Code of 1930, also known as Hays Code, explicitly forbid the depiction of miscegenation. In 1965, Virginia trial court Judge Leon Bazile sent an interracial couple who had married in Washington, D.C., to prison, writing:

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay, and red, and he placed them on separate continents. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

This decision was eventually overturned in 1967, 84 years after Pace v. Alabama, when the U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled the following in Loving v. Virginia:

==========================

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
You're a rare exception. I find that the higher a man's social status and prestige, the less likely he is to truly pursue a relationship with a fat woman. Obviously because of social expectations and fear of losing what he has acquired. But there's always exceptions and I smile when I see those men
I wonder if demographics play a part in this - I've seen plenty of successful educated couples in happy relationships.

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote